Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pullups - Box Jumps - Snatch

Strength:
5x4 OHSQ

WOD:
20 minute AMRAP
7 Pullups
10 Box Jumps 24"
1 Snatch on the minute

Results:
Strength:
I am still not very good at OHSQ.  I did 95 lbs, I know that is pretty lame, but I really want to concentrate on form and movement, not really worried about the weight yet.  I managed pretty good at 95 lbs, will work at 105 next time.

WOD:
Finished 18 rounds + 2 pullups.  Did 95 lbs for the snatch (Should have done more)
This was a grind for sure.  I started pretty strong, got up almost a full round in the beginning.  I started trailing off toward the end, especially around round 12, when my hands opened up on the pullups.  After I opened up, gripping the bar was tough, I could only manage 3s after that.

This was a very tough WOD.  I was shooting for 20.  In hindsight, I may have faired better just trying to keep pace with 1 per minute.  Moving ahead a full round probably caught up with me by the end.

I was doing at least 1 per minute until around the 10th minute or so, when I started coming just under a 1 per minute average.  I was coming in a few reps short every minute after that, which ate away at my count.  Opening up in the 12th minute really screwed me up.

If I were going to do this again, I would move up to 115 on the snatch, and try to just pace at 1 per minute and see if I could get 20.

Hardest WOD in a while, good stuff.

Cash out was supposed to be rope climbs, but with 4 open blisters on my palms, I wasn't going to be able to grip the rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment