Monday, June 7, 2010

Clean - Front Squat - Overhead

Strength:
1 RM Press

WOD:
Run 800m
- then -
4 Rounds
7 Cleans
9 Front Squat
12 Overhead Anyhow

Cash Out:
3x15 pushups

Results:
Strength:
Managed 170 again, failed at 175, so no new PR today, but at least my strength is still there, despite not hitting a the press for strength very often.

WOD:
Finished 13:50 with 115 lbs.  This was an interesting WOD.  I kinda dogged the run, I think everyone did as most of us finished about the same time.

I did Hang Power Cleans for the cleans, and Push Jerks for the overhead.  The first round was unbroken all the way (no rest in between movements).  The second round I didn't break until I got to the overheads, where I broke once, they turned out to be my nemesis in this workout.  The 3rd round, I rested between every movement, but I was unbroken on the cleans and the squats.  The overheads caught up to me, I broke twice.  The 4th round was pretty killer.  The cleans were unbroken, then I broke once on the squats (not bad), and finally I broke 3 friggin times on the overheads, ouch.

In hindsight, when I rested I paused longer than I needed.  Since each movement is pretty different, I only really needed enough time to reset my grip and take 3 breaths.  For whatever reason, I didn't time my breaks and it ate a lot of time.  Also, for the Push Jerk, I should have accentuated the jerk a little more, as I probably pushed more than I wanted to.  If I would have accentuated the Jerk from the get go, I probably wouldn't have failed as often on the last round.

Cash Out:
No problem, all sets unbroken.  Was a little fatigued after the WOD, but I really didn't struggle at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment