Thursday, June 3, 2010

AMRAP Squats - Sprints

Strength:
I took off today as my shoulders were bugging me with my strange "achiness" I have been having.

WOD:
5 minute AMRAP
Back Squat @ 50% 1RM
-then-
4x200m sprints, 1 min rest in between

Results:
WOD:
Finished with 65 reps at 125lbs.  My legs are my weakest body part.  I rattled off 18 to start, then rested.  I went to 26, and then dumped the bar and rested about 30 seconds.  From there, it was squeezing out 6s, 5s, 4s until I was done, with 2 more dumps along the way.  I dumped with about 1:30, started back in with about 1 minute left hoping to be able to finish with a sprint.  Well, I didn't.  I held the bar the last minute, but my legs were pretty shot.

I may have been able to get out a few more, I really didn't have a strategy going in.  In hindsight, I should have done 14 or 15 on the minute and then rested until the following minute.  That may have been able to get me into the 70s.

Did pretty good on the sprints.  The first sprint was tough, legs felt a little funny.  Finished with 42,37,37,37.  I ran pretty hard, not sure if I could have done any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment