Thursday, May 27, 2010

21-15-9 Row - Clean - Burpees

Strength:
85% Snatch Balance 3x3

WOD:
21-15-9
Row for calories
155lb Power Clean
Lateral Burpees

Results:
Strength:
I managed 115lbs ok for the Snatch Balance.  Felt a little better today than I remember.  I did a little dip, and tried to focus on getting down fast, and getting my elbows to my ears really fast.

WOD:
Finished 15:39.  This one scared me, 155lb power cleans are a lot for me, so I figured I would go easy on the Row and just do my best on the cleans.  I actually did better than I thought I would, kept a decent pace on the cleans.  Started out with a solid 9 reps on the first round.  Then I was quickly into 4s and 3s.  My form was definitely flawed as I fatigued, snaking my hips under instead of getting my ass back.  I knew what I was doing wrong, but it is kind of a mental block thing when I fatigue.  Last round I was doing 2s. I thought the cleans would totally take the met-con out of this WOD, but they really didn't as I was able to keep them going.  Definitely felt a little busted when I was done.

Finished with some Level Testing.  I am now into the *hard* tests for Level 2.  Fortunately, I had Bench Press still on the list, so I knocked out Level 1 (1xBW), Level 2(1.25xBW) and Level 3(1.5xBW).  I benched 250 lbs for the first time in forever, felt pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment