Thursday, May 20, 2010

Clean and Jerk - Ring Dips

Strength:
Off

WOD:
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Clean and Jerk
7 Ring Dips

Cash Out:
3 1min round AMRAP Pullups.  Total = lowest score

Results:
WOD:
Did 95lbs with Chains for a twist.  Finished 14:42.
I hit a nice pace on the Clean and Jerk.  Once again, I should have probably kicked it up in the round of 5, but I waited until the Round of 3 to turn it on.  It really doesn't matter a whole lot how fast I went on the Clean and Jerks, because the Ring Dips slowed me down the most.  I started out doing 4 - 3 on the Ring Dips.  That lasted 3 rounds.  Then I was 3 -2 - 2.  At the end, I was 2-2-2-1 for the last 3 rounds, with a good 4 breaths in between, ouch.

I definitely have to remember for next time, hit a good pace, and then open up in the Round of 5.

Good workout.  First time with Chains, and they definitely made the Clean and Jerk different.

Cash Out:
Finished 18-18-18.  My hands started slipping, I need to get those wrist bands and see if they work or not.  At least bring a hand towel that I can use to wipe down the bar.

Side Note:
I am sore, I really don't fully understand why, but for the last week or so, I have just been plain suck ass sore.  Today was no different, just felt like I got my ass kicked.  I usually get my ass kicked, but I usually don't feel it this much.  Not sure what is up, but let's hope we can get past this.

No comments:

Post a Comment